So, the other night Jim and I went out to eat at one of our favorite Mexican
restaurants and after enjoying a yummy meal our check came. When the waiter returned with our credit card slip to sign the little folder was open slightly due the pen but I wasn't thinking about the pen....I was hoping there were butter mints inside.... Don't ask me why it had to be butter mints but the thought of a creamy, melt-in-your mouth butter mint was all I could think about. Unfortunately the folder didn't have butter mints inside. I decided that this was okay and I really didn't need them but on the way home I couldn't stop thinking about them so I told Jim about it and he was very eager to help take care of my craving (I think he has been very excited about making a midnight run or something). We went to the grocery store underneath our apartment (yes it is very
convenient but also expensive so we try and stay out of there if at all possible) and searched the candy aisle for butter mints...they didn't have them! We even got the store manager involved!


So, it was off to Target - good thing it is a short 5 block walk down the street. SUCCESS!!! They had them and I was happy to soak in the yummy goodness of butter mints on the way home! As you'll notice in the picture they didn't have the true butter mints (the yellow ones that are half butter half sugar) but the pretty pastel ones were still quite good!
4 comments:
Still waiting for the new profile picture! It's 20 1/2 weeks now!!
Grandma R
I'm so glad Grandma Rempel is doing my work for me. Hee hee!b
I agree. Where's the profile picture? Target is awesome, but I can imagine it would be quite dangerous with pregnancy cravings. And their baby section is awesome! Steph and I loaded Dale & Cherri's baby registry up (SO much fun!) It's almost a blessing (to our checkbook, anyway) that we probably won't have any babies. We'd just be signing our paychecks over to Target! Glad you got your mints!
By the way, I cried like a baby the first time I heard Caedmon's Call's "Love Grows Love" after you announced you're having a boy. It made me think of you guys and "painting the room... a nice, bright blue". If you haven't heard that song, you should check it out. (I'm tearing up just thinking about it right now.) Hmm... maybe that's a sign I need chocolate, or a nap.
Post a Comment