Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Beautiful Site!

I know for my fellow Kansans this is not a beautiful site... a combine on the road in front of you. Coming to Kansas in June was very surreal. Our visit in June was primarily for Jim's candidating weekend at South Hutch Mennonite Church (SHMC).  Being 6 months behind in my blog has its advantages - having the chance to reflect on so many changes that have happened since June! It is incredible.  Our house up for sale and sold; an affirmative vote from SHMC; saying "goodbye" to so many wonderful people; moving our family to KS - but not a to a house but to my parents; new jobs, new school and a new life; a lot of house hunting and finally a new home; the start of a new church in a new community.... 

In another 6 months I'll be staring at the back of combines again and I hope I still have an appreciation for what this means to me - 6 years I missed harvest, 6 years I missed family, 6 years I missed the culture that has defined who I am - I'm so glad for 6 years away to help me appreciate all that Kansas means to me!


No comments: