Sunday, July 29, 2012

September, 2011


September brought excitement and fruit basket upset, literally!  Excitement is a difficult word to use because usually I use that for positive experiences but it was a rough month at the Ostlund house!  We started the month off feeling better about Jim's back - he was feeling better so we decided to proceed with our kitchen remodel.  This remodel included major work on our part in hopes of saving a lot of money.  The project included stripping/sanding our cabinets and refinishing them as well as staining new cabinets that we bought.  New countertops were also in order.  So... our kitchen moved into our guest bedroom!  We started off well and then Jim's back went out - like - can't move - went to the ER twice - out.  

I don't know what I would have done without wonderful people from BGMC who helped with childcare, meals, and a group that took all of the doors for our cabinets and stripped and stained them for us!  We were so blessed by the efforts of others!




And a highlight.  A poem learned by Noah at school. 




No comments: