Thursday, June 10, 2010

10 Year Anniversary!

Jim and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary on May 29. It is hard to believe it has been 10 years. We've made some great memories in 10 years and it is exciting to think what the next 10 will be like. Unfortunately 10 years has brought about big changes in the world of photography and because of this none of our wedding pictures are in digital format - I should work on that sometime. It really makes me feel very old - like when I'd pull out my mom and dad's records when I was little! ;)

Jim bought me a dozen lavender roses for our anniversary - what a great way to remember many good moments from our engagement, wedding and the news of pregnancies - lavender roses are what has marked the special times...There was also an arrangement of roses from our rose bushes in the yard - aren't they beautiful.
Jim's mom was here and so Jim and I went out for dinner in between feedings for Ethan. We went to a place called Maize (www.maizeonwalnut.com). You will have to check out the menu - and for those that live nearby - you have to go!!! It was wonderful.

It is hard to believe how far we have come...
Let's look back a little (sorry it probably isn't as fun for you all as it is for me).

2000: Apartment ($250/month) - yes we got quite a deal from Jim's folks! Jim was working half time at Eden and half time at Inman. Jodi was in school at Bethel getting ready to start her senior year. We didn't have much money but it was very warm (30+days that summer with highs over 100 and one window unit air conditioner) and cozy (30+ days that winter with no high about freezing)!

We moved into a little house on Pack street in Moundridge and gardened/picked strawberries.

Between now and then we've been to the West coast and now to the East coast. If you would have told me (Jodi) that this was our future 10 years ago I probably would have run the opposite direction of Bethel College Mennonite Church on May 29 but it has been a wonderful ride and I wouldn't change a thing.

So anyways - here's to another 10 years and I won't even try and predict what they will bring!




No comments: