Saturday, November 8, 2008

MYF Retreat

Oct. 17-19 we were at Spruce Lake (Mennonite camp about 2 hours from us in the Poconos) with the MYF for Fall Retreat. Our whole family went (minus Thumper) and we had a really good time once we got there... I had worked till 2:30 in the morning on Wed. before and then we were busy at work on Friday and I didn't get out of work until 5pm and we were to leave for the retreat at 6! Needless to say our whole family needed a retreat but it was rather stressful preparing for it. It was quite chilly there most of the weekend but sunny! It was the ideal setting for a Fall Retreat with the trees turning! It was beautiful. Noah had a great time with the kids and sponsors and he got a lot of attention. Overall it was a really fun weekend, can't wait for next year! Noah in his carrier. The youth played games Saturday afternoon out and around and so Noah and I hung out together. We kept each other nice and warm!
Enjoying some tummy time in his Pack-n-Play.

The annual TACKLE football game - every wife/nurse's nightmare! Everyone came out of it without major injury....


Some pictures of the beautiful trees.



Innertube Fun, Catching water balloons catupulted with a balloon launcher, blind-folded canoe races, & the risks you take canoing blind-folded!

3 comments:

Steph said...

That looks like so much fun! But the best part of all is Jodi's laugh! It made me laugh out loud!

Jodi said...

I don't think that was me...but I'm glad it made you laugh. hee hee

Theo Rempel said...

I agree with Steph. Jodi your laugh is very infectious. And it is you laughing.
Mom