Friday, November 23, 2007

Giving Thanks

11/22/07

It is Thanksgiving today. We have much to be thankful for including a bun in the oven. :) We talked to our parents today on the phone for the first time since we found out. It is fun to have a secret but it will be even more fun to tell them the good news! My parents told me today that Ryan Koehn and his wife are expecting in early July. How funny that after all of these years of hanging out with the Koehns and now both Perry and Cyndi and my mom and dad will be first time grandparents in the same month!

We took another pregnancy test today, just to make sure... :) It was very positive! It is hard to believe that it is actually happening for us, I never thought this day would come! It is such a relief! I was always so worried about having fertility problems. I can't imagine how hard it would be after waiting 7 1/2 years to try and then to find out we had fertility problems.

I will be 5 weeks tomorrow, and I have been feeling pretty good. Some occasional nausea and I think that I have been feeling a little more fatigued the past couple of days. We have an appointment to see my OB/GYN Dr. Lantry on December 3, and we can't wait! She told us at our preconception appointment that she would do an ultrasound at our first visit so we are excited to see "Ziggy" for zygote (that is Jim's nickname). I think it should be Punkin' - that is how Jim's grandma pronounces pumpkin and seeing that it is Thanksgiving and all. I guess it will take a little longer to determine the proper name for our little "bun"dle of Joy!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Oh how we have been there!!! We really should have taken out stock in pregnancy tests.

Abuelos en PA said...

I say 'punkin' too...